ACA Small Group Market Rule Repealed
On Oct. 7, 2015, President Obama signed the Protecting Affordable Coverage for Employees (PACE) Act into law. The PACE Act repeals the Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirement that the small group market in every state be expanded to include businesses with 51-100 employees.
Although some sources questioned whether he might veto the law, the President signed the PACE Act into law in light of its bipartisan support in Congress.
To read this entire Health Care Reform Bulletin click here.
IN THIS ISSUE
• IRS Invites Comments on Cadillac Tax Implementation
• DOL Issues Final Rule to Expand FMLA Protections for Same-sex Spouses
• DOJ to Allow Claims Based on Gender Identity Discrimination
• New Guidance and Relief for Employer Payment of Individual Premiums
To read these articles and to see the entire Bulletin click here.
IRS Releases Final Forms and Instructions for ACA Reporting
• On Feb. 8, 2015, the IRS issued final forms and instructions for Section 6055 and 6056 reporting.
• Final instructions provide a new option for some ALEs reporting information for non-employees.
• Although these forms are not required to be filed for 2014, employers may voluntarily file in 2015 for 2014 coverage, using these forms and instructions.
To read the entire bulletin and for links to the forms and instructions click here